A Pretty Big Deal

In a society that feeds on your sickness
Any shinny truth exposed, labels as weakness
A shred of kindness melts walls of stiffness 
One melody to mend a disharmony
The simplicity of acceptance 
Sounds so very lovely 
Seriously a blessing 

Dear EveryBeauty,

To gain any control, you need to let go of control! Hypocrisy, eh? Maybe I'm using that work wrong, but let me explain.

For so long I always used to label foods as good or bad, "don't eat that you'll get cancer", "don't eat that that's too high in sugar", "can't eat that because I'll be 10 calories over my calorie limit", "can't eat that cause..." "don't eat that it could erupt an organ". 😜 Things and sayings like that truly and honestly, I'd go to extremes and think that a certain food or amount could completely alter my body inside (in a way it was but not on that extreme level). Soo very harsh on myself when it came to food. When I binged ate, I felt HORRIBLE! I wanted to sink into a whole and never come out because I did something shameful!

I'm finally now feeling, FINALLY, that I'm truly starting to recover from my Binge Eating Disorder (Disordered Eating Mentality). The trigger: Intermittent Fasting in a nutshell. But let me expand as it's pretty cool.

When I thought about starting Intermittent Fasting I was scared of shipping breakfast and believing I'll gain weight. Because we've been taught breakfast is the most important meal of the day. So I was thinking to myself, "Why not try this out? What I'm doing soo far isn't helping. Trying to fit in three meals a day and ultimately binge eating each morning and eating throughout the day. Seriously just try it out and see how I feel." Soooo I tried Intermittent Fasting and I love it sooo much! The first day was a total bust, but the next two days were fantastic (did the 18/6 IF). Today would have been my third but my Luna of the month came for a visit, so I just let it be.

My experience: My first day of intermittent fasting I honestly can't remember but I know that I screwed up. But my next two fasts were incredible. I thought about food a LOT less, I didn't have to clean up that many dishes, I loved the freedom of what I could eat and I loved not stuffy my face every 3 hours. πŸ˜€  Within my 6 hour feeding window, I ate whatever my body felt it needed, no restrictions, no rules of "you can't" just simply "I choose".

I feel this style of eating will ultimately turn into intuitive eating. I first need to learn my hunger cues, as I've lost that soo much with my binge eating mindlessly, and looking at food as the enemy. Ditching the Diet-Mentality. 😌 Pretty strange how when you're allowed to eat anything, the "fun" of the eating disordered eating disappears. You're allowed to eat anything but tap into the way you feel, etc the diet mentality seriously evaporates. Now I'm super excited to eat, making plans to light a candle, get some flowers to put on my table so when I eat (AT THE TABLE), mindfully, I truly enjoy the experience. My relationship with food I completely feel is changing for the better! 😍😍

Very strange, thinking of even "cheat days" is diet mentality in a way. Thankfully I can have cheat days every day! 😜 Following what I know about my body and how certain foods make me feel, I won't make myself feel horrible or feel ashamed. I'll be compassionate and kind to myself. For example, this morning got my Luna (aka period) so I was ravenous so I decided to ditch the fast and eat. What did I eat? 7 Organic Brown Rice Cakes, 1/2 Jar of Organic Crunchy Peanut Butter (best peanut better EVER), 3 Bananas and 3 Apples. Do I feel guilty? HELL NO! I enjoyed the hell of that food, because I loved the textures/smell and how it made me feel. Will I do this every day? Probably not, as thankfully my Luna only happens 4 days out of 31 days.

So yes! I have to confess, I've been binge watching Youtube videos of What I Eat in A Day (Intermittent fasting/Intuitive eating) πŸ˜πŸ˜‡ and 8-20+,000 Calories Food Challenge. Just fascinates me! 😲😈

Any-who, wanted to share this because I'm feeling a huge difference, HUGE difference in my relationship with food. Because, this is my perspective and feeling, your relationship with food (to people who have/had ED) is your relationship with yourself, melting into your surrounding relationships. YAAS!

Have a wonderful time with yourself and I'll talk to you all later on! πŸ™πŸ’šπŸ’œ

Take care,
Ahn

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"No food will ever hurt you as much as an unhealthy mind."
~ Brittany Burgunder 





Word of the Day
Ripsnorter
Noun
: something extraordinary 
: humdinger (a striking or extraordinary person or thing)

Comments

Popular Posts