My Relationship with Food

I felt this impending doom of what I may do
If I do this I know I will loose 
For this is a temping trigger for all the falls of my desires
I can't help but do it and start the fires 

Dear EveryBeauty,

I do not know what has come over me but it is a revolutionary feeling/sensation/realization!

I've been going through a very rocky part in my life. A part of my life that I never knew was soo HUGE! One, to say, at the very least, has been the most biggest part in my entire of life. Like a huge empty hole has developed. But!!!! I'm starting to realize that this empty hole, is a true blessing in disguise, because I see that it is there for me to develop, create, vision and do things that I desire to make my own. Owning what I do, and being proud in my decisions that I choose.

One of the coolest part in this journey that I have uncovered is that I truly have a BLACK OR WHITE vision around food. Labeling "good" and "bad" food. Yes, I do believe processed foods have chemicals in them that trigger our dopamine neurones to make us what more. Yes. But!! That does not mean that I will never have junk food in the future. I am only human, and I am surrounded by junk food and restricting myself of ANY food is just a recipe for binge eating on it. So the idea for me of realizing that I can have junk food whenever I want, really opens up the world for me. Knowing, yes I can have a cookie or two. Because switching my thinking of "I shall never have that cookie or doughnut ever, which turns into a full binge if I do so I will need to workout for hours to work that shit off" to...."You can have all the junk food you want, if you feel in your body and mind that you feel is right for you." I'm thinking of making healthy cookies, muffins at home here and not being afraid to have one or two. Knowing and being with myself (staying in the present) when I do. Mindful eating 😊 This thinking has also opened up the possibilities for what I eat for breakfast, lunches and dinners! Still remaining though in an alkaline eating lifestyle but just not being afraid to expand. My brain is exploding of possibilities it's exciting!! 😀💥

Another realization for me is that I have developed this HABIT in turning to food for comfort. In the past I believed that I developed this "Binge Eating Disorder" (this huge massive monster), but in all truth, it is just a habit. A habit that ("pretty cool") is triggered by my lower brain (primitive brain to protect me). So when I am feeling depression, stressed or lonely, it triggers the lower brain. I am probably not explaining it that well, but it really helped me to open my brain up and realize that my brain is not in "disorder" it is quite healthy and knows what it's doing. Haven't read "Brain Over Binge" by Kathryn Hansen but I'm dying to read it! All this higher brain, lower brain information comes from me watching a video on youtube from a person who has read her book. Here's the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEYYxhFwImo Really helped me to see my "eating habit" in a different light and see it as something that I can overcome.

So two things:
1.) Not labeling (good or bad) or thinking of food in a black or white (all or nothing) setting
2.) Not turning to food for comfort (breaking the habit)

All this is truly big for me and actually scares me because I feel this is true and it's all new! It's all not going to be easy, but I'm ready and prepared for the blood/sweat/fear/tears. 

I'm starting to workout more (feeling great about my body) and realize the times when I want to binge. It's pretty cool but pretty scary but pretty cool! 😜

Thought to write a blog about this because it's a part of me. 💛

Thank you Lovelies for reading this far, Luv you! 💜💟

Take good care of your beautiful selves,
Ahn xoxo

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You are very powerful, provided you know how powerful you are."
~ Yogi Bhajan
 

Word of the Day
Pluviophile 
Noun
A lover of rain; someone who finds peace of mind during rainy days


Comments

Popular Posts