To Judge & Be Judged

Whatever I say
It's your choice to take it that way
To dissect it, measure it and put it away
To make it your own and feel the words
Express it and fly like birds
I accept you for whatever you do
But I will always stay grounded to my centre truth 

Dear EveryBeauty,

I chose to stop posting because I felt judged and labeled for whatever and whenever I post an honest blog post. And I dislike being judged and put into a box. But when it comes down to it I'm only expressing to be honest and be authentic to my true and honest feelings and insights into the way that I perceive the world. It is the other persons choice to interpret it a way that they see fit, but doesn't  always correlate to what I feel is true to me.

I went through a troubled time these last few months, suppressing my creative activities (writing, singing, dancing) that I do feel now that a part of my soul was dimmed. I honestly have not written in a journal in MONTHS. I didn't know the side effects of stopping journalling and let me tell you the side effects (because there are sooooo many happy and healthy benefits to journalling for EVERY BODY):

  • I got stuck in my head like a hamster wheel
  • My memory deteriorated a bit
  • Lost motivation in general
  • Lost connection with myself
  • More harsh on myself (putting myself down more)
  • Lost my mojo (the life spark) 


So in life, people will always be judging you, no matter what you do. It is human nature in this world of society to judge and be judged. It's yours and my choice to let it effect the way that we live. Will it stop me from what I love doing? Or will it help me be empathetic to their label of me because they need to define me to feel comfortable? No one way is better than the other, just remember to stay in the flow of what you love to do and what brings you joy no-matter-what.

I never knew this before but Selena Gomez is a pretty fantastic soul. Her career and her presence was never on my radar since her first audition. But her new album and her interviews with her new album Rare got to me on a deep level. Two songs in particular, Let Me Get Me & Dance Again.

Here's the song meanings 😆

"Dance Again"
Selena has totally found happiness, which listeners can hear in this upbeat tune. She sings about being in tune with her emotions and how after everything she’s been through, it finally “feels so good to dance again.”

"Let me Get me"
Referring back to the album’s earlier song, “Dance Again,” Selena is singing about her independence and tells listeners that she’s “tryna let a little happy in for once.” A turning point on the record, this track marks the point where the songstress has found herself and has become comfortable in her own mind.

Plus she's my age!!! 😍😍
Selena Gomez isn't the most incredible singer but those songs are deep and personal and she let the world listen and hear it. It's amazing! The scrutiny that celebrities and any "famous" people go through with news slander and alike is just intensified by them being in the media. It goes with anybody being in the public eye of any kind, just need to stay true to you bo ;) There's always someone waiting to push or pull you apart. Just remember that the biggest bully you will ever encounter is yourself (you are your worst enemy and your best friend). Honestly nobody can tell me anything differently negativity to me that I haven't already thought or told myself. So going inwardly and facing that, you then are already facing the people out there. ;)

Love your guys sooo much!! xoxo

Take care,
Ahn xoxoxo

p.s. Journalling every day and loving it! 😉💚

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Knowing yourself is to be rooted in Being, instead of lost in your mind."
Eckhart Tolle 

Word of the Day
Scurrilous
Adjective
1a: Using or given to coarse language b: vulgar and evil
2: Containing obscenities, abuse, or slander 

Comments

Popular Posts